2018 Middle School Gathering
The 2018 Middle School Gathering will be held at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Omaha. It will start at 10am on January 13 and end at 2pm on January 14. Youth in grades 6-8 and their adult leaders are invited to participate.
Participants will have the chance to take part in worship, singing, serving, eating and having fun together. Special this year will be a concert by Kelly Glow, a hip hop artist who was featured on the cover of the Living Lutheran magazine in October 2017. Stay tuned here or check out the Middle School Gathering’s Facebook page for updates.
Registration details include:
• Early bird (submitted on or before November 16): $45
• Regular registration (submitted November 17-December 14): $55
• Late registration (submitted after December 14): $65
• Registrations are made online and due by December 28.
• A ratio of six youth to one adult is recommended. Please consider registering a male and female adult if male and female youth will be attending.
Here are the steps to take to register. If you have registered for a Nebraska Synod youth ministry event before, please note that a NEW online system is being used for the 2018 MSG.
1. Have EACH youth and adult participant complete a registration form.
2. The primary adult leader should use the registration forms to complete registration online.
a) Please note that the Primary Adult Leader registers him/herself first.
b) To add other participants, click on the red “Add” button underneath the Primary Adult Leader Information section.
c) In the “Fee” section under each person’s registration, please note whether they are an Adult Leader or Youth.
d) If your group is more than 21 people, you will pay for the group of 21 and then start a new registration page, simply adding your next person in the “Primary Adult Leader” section and using the red “Add” button to register the remainder of your group. Please note: In the case of having more than 21 people in your group, the first “Primary Adult Leader” you register will be considered the Primary Adult Leader. The second person registered as the Primary Adult Leader can have a fictitious email and cell phone number.
e) Registration fees must be paid online with a credit card when your congregation registers.
f) To register an additional participant after your group has registered and paid, simply enter the new person into the “Primary Adult Leader” section, noting in the “Fee” section if the new participant is an Adult Leader or Youth. This person can have a fictitious email and cell phone number.
3. Each ADULT participant must complete a volunteer screening form by December 28. Please click the link below for the form. If you have completed a volunteer screening form before for a Nebraska Synod youth ministry event, please note that this will be a new way of completing this form. You will complete and sign it electronically.
4. Requests for refunds will only be accepted through December 28, and 25% of the registration fee is not refundable. Substitutions made after December 28 are not guaranteed a t-shirt of the correct size. For refunds and substitutions, email Lisa Kramme.
5. Bring the hard copy of the registration forms to the Middle School Gathering so an adult leader will have them for emergency purposes.
More important information to note:
• It is strongly recommended that you register your group when you know who will attend.
• We cannot accept placeholder names as a registration (for example, “Youth Female1” or “Adult Male2”) in order to qualify for early bird or regular registration rates.
• Housing will be at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, and participants are invited to bring single air mattresses and sleeping bags for sleeping on the floor. MSG planners will assign participants to sleeping spaces. An adult leader with specific requests for roommate assignments for youth should email Lisa Kramme by December 28.
• Meals included in the registration fee are Saturday lunch through Sunday lunch.