The 2017 LYON Assembly will be held at St. Pauls Lutheran Church in Grand Island. It will start at 7pm on November 17 and end at noon on November 19. All youth in grades 9-12 and their adult leaders are welcome to join us at LYON Assembly: Called to Be the Change.
Highlights this year include guest musician Devin Milligan from California. Devin is an energetic worship leader who also served as the house band leader for the 2017 ELCA Youth Ministry Network Extravaganza. With this year marking the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, the theme for LYON is “Called to Be the Change,” and our theme quote is from Martin Luther himself. It is: “Our salvation must exist, not in our righteousness, but...in Christ's righteousness. ...Let his righteousness and grace, not yours, be your refuge.”
• Early bird (submitted on or before October 2): $110
• Regular registration (submitted October 3-October 16): $130
• Late registration (submitted October 17-November 1): $150
• Registrations are made online and due by November 1.
• A ratio of six youth to one adult is recommended. Please consider registering a male and female adult if male and female youth will be attending.
Here are the steps to take to register:
1) Have EACH youth and adult participant complete a registration form.
2) The primary person registering a group should use the registration forms to complete registration online.
3) Registration fees must be paid online with a credit card when your congregation registers.
4) Each ADULT participant must complete a volunteer screening form and mail it by November 1 to Lisa Kramme at 6757 Newport Ave., Ste. 200, Omaha, NE 68152.
5) Requests for refunds will only be accepted through November 1, and 25% of the registration fee is not refundable. Substitutions made after November 1 are not guaranteed a t-shirt of the correct size. For refunds and substitutions, email email@example.com.
6) Bring the hard copy of the registration forms to the LYON Assembly so an adult leader will have them for emergency purposes.
More important information to note:
• It is strongly recommended that you register your group when you know who will attend.
• We cannot accept placeholder names as a registration (for example, “Youth Female1” or “Adult Male2”) in order to qualify for early bird or regular registration rates.
• Housing is included in the registration fee, and LYON Assembly planners assign participants to sleeping rooms. An adult leader with specific requests for roommate assignments for youth should email Lisa Kramme by October 16.
• Meals included in the registration fee are Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast.